Pensavo di fare tutto questo e-mail in Italiano perché mi sento buffa oggi, ma non è gentile. Quindi, lo farò in inglese (Good morning my friends! I do all this e-mail in Italian because I feel funny today, but it is not kind. So, I'll do it in English.) This week has been very fun. Molto divertente. I am laughing just thinking about the lovely adventures my companion and I have had. We have spent hours in bicicletta and auto-bus, gotten slightly lost and mostly found, tried many new things, and taught some of our crazy friends here in Pordenone. I love it. We shared the biggest pizza I have ever had with Shaylee and our investigator, Mandy. She went to another church with a friend and was told she was "saved" and then told them she was meeting with the Mormons. She is amazing and can see the difference, that we have the spirit. It is awesome. We taught Sorella Canfield, who is from Brazil, and her two boys. She made us sword fish that looked like a roast it was so big, lentil soup, and pasta with calamari. It was SO yummy. Massimiliano is still reading the Book of Mormon with determination and I know he will get an answer soon if he will just ask. He is a bravo young man. Kevin won't read the Book of Mormon by himself, but comes to church and family home evening every single week. I just pray he figures it out. He must ACT on his own. Mariana is reading and learning and is still working toward her baptismal date. We taught Ana Caldaras, our awesome and crazy Romanian member who fed us an overwhelmingly forte amount of garlic last time, and she decided she needed to treat us to Romanian food again. We ate smoked and fried pig fat with raw onions dipped in salt. I was kind and tasted it. The thought of doing so again fills me with fear. She lit a piece of paper on fire and dropped it on her bedroom floor and compared it to forgiveness of sins. She is so nice though. I love her craziness. Yesterday was our investigator Massimo's birthday, so we thought we'd meet with him. We made him a card and brought him American candy. He was grateful. And sort of drunk. Needless to say it was an interesting lesson. He was far more animated than usual and wasn't making a lot of sense. He was kind of giggly and serious at the same time and told us that the world wouldn't end because he wouldn't let it. Sorella Sloan said Christ would come again and he said, "yes, if he wants to." It was hysterical. And sad. He told us that he believed everything we taught and that he knew he would have many blessings from joining the church like "friends and sisters" and he could even find a wife which is "no small thing." Ironically, we had planned to teach him the word of wisdom. We will pray for him. He has a testimony, but we think he is afraid to change partly because of his family. I hope with my heart that he gets it. I sang in church on Sunday and Sorella Sloan played the piano for me. It went well apart from the fact that no matter how much I moved the microphone away from me it couldn't handle my vocal power. It was funny. The Bishop said next time I can do it without the mic. I love doing missionary work here in Pordenone. Our ward mission leader, Fratello Cavallaro is awesome and always willing to help and besides that he teases me and makes me laugh, so I feel right at home. Sorella Durazzani works hard to direct English class and make us happy and everyone else is just great. Pordenone is quiet and delightful. I love it. And the bicycles. It is a good place for me. I am learning how important it is to be myself because it is the only way Heavenly Father can better me. His opinion is the one that matters and even when I make mistakes, he loves me more than I deserve. I am so grateful for that knowledge and for the amazing opportunity I have to repent, to change, to grow, to turn to him for help and by so doing become more like my Savior. More perfectly obedient, more perfectly humble, and more perfectly faithful. I have a long way to go, but with him, if I let him, he will build and change me, improve me daily. It is incredible how perfectly the gospel works. It becomes truer for me every day because I am learning to really live it. Do something good this week! Use the atonement of Jesus Christ daily (repentance) and then share the love he gives you with others. Just be a little better today than you were yesterday. I am going to. Love you all!
Also! Dustin is getting baptized Saturday!!! So exciting! I may not have worked with him a lot, but he is so ready and I am so excited for him and for his wife who is already a member. They are both so strong. I love this work!!! The Lord is incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment