O, cari miei, spero che voi siate
pronti, perchè ho tante cose da dire. It has been an incredible week.
INCREDIBLE! I hardly know where to begin. Last Wednesday we went inside
the Duomo and then down to the ruins of an ancient baptistry where they
used to to baptism by immersion. It was fascinating to see and read
about. It makes me want to study more and more early christian history.
Not to mention, we ran through a flood to get there. Literally. I have
not gotten that wet that fast in many a moon. It was delightful
fun. Thursday we were able to have a lesson with just Cristina and we
are working out a plan to help her stop smoking. She has decided that
the 25th is the first day being smoke free so right now she is working
hard to cut down what she is smoking until that day and we have set in
place little ways to help her change her habits, like praying and
reading her scriptures the moment she wakes up instead of reaching for a
cigarette. She is so strong and says it is already helping so much. I
hope we can help her see how capable she is, especially with how much
faith she has. We all know it is not easy, but she is doing so many
great things. I am so proud of her! Pray for her. It will bless her
family that i love in so many ways. Henry and Jessica introduced us to
their dear friend, Karen and her daughter Joyce. We had an amazing first
lesson with them. Henry and Jessica bore powerful testimony and almost
invited them to baptism without our help. Karen is so ready and willing
to learn, and wants to make time for it all, even though she is busy. So
excited to teach them. We taught Alma in the church and she just wanted
to stay in the chapel. She loved the spirit there. When the film we
wanted to watch wouldn't work, we taught her there and she opened up to
us and I felt we were really able to help her and she could feel the
spirit. I know God's hand was in that technical problem. I made marzipan
from scratch to take to the Barbieri/Xhunga family the night Sorella
Jacobson and her parents were there, because Sorella J loves it. I am so
proud of myself and tickled it actually turned out right. It was so
much fun and we had a great lesson on missionary work with every one
with a good spirit. Saturday morning we had another incredible lesson
with Nicole and set a date for her baptism! She has not told her parents
yet, but since they are already members it is more of a terrific
surprise. Nicole kept saying how excited she is and that her mom will
cry and it will be beautiful. I am so proud of her right now, I can't
even describe it. We are praying she can go study in New York like she
wants and attend the singles ward there. It will be great. Saturday
afternoon was a four hour conference for the relief society and Sister
Kieron, Sister Rasband, and Sister Nelson were all there to speak to us
with one other sister's name who I can't spell. It was beautiful. Nicole
came with her mom, Karen came with Jessica and Olga and Zoila came at
the end as well. I learned so much and was so happy to see these
wonderful women partake in the spirit there. Sunday was the conference
and they divided the stake into two in Milano, which is a really big
deal here. It was incredible. Elder Rasband talked to us as well as
others and the spirit was so strong. I took pages of notes and was so
happy the whole Barbieri/Xhunga family made it. As did Eugenia. It was
a beautiful day. Monday evening we hopped on a train to Verona because
the next day my companion had a permesso appointment. WE taught a
beautiful African woman from camaroon the first two lessons and talked
to her the entire two hour train ride. She was so smart and beautiful
and we had a great lesson together. She will be learning more! We
stopped by Pizza Love, the legendary pizzeria in Verona (at least for
all the missionaries) and those wonderful gems that work there gave us
t-shirts and it was obvious how much they love my companion. WE had a
great night with the sisters and then miraculously got the permesso
appointment done early and had a little extra time before the train, so
we took a tiny giro in Verona. Which means, friends, I went past the
arena and right on to Juliet's house. Are you dying Morgan? You would
love it. Sending pictures. Verona is a beautiful little city. WE had a
wonderful time. I am running swiftly out of time, but just wanted to
share with all of you my little testimony that Gods hand is forever in
our lives and he will guide us if we let him and help us grow. He cannot
force us to change or to build our testimonies, or grow into the people
he always intended us to be. We must take initiative. We must act. We
have to choose to change, to grow, to be happy. But the beautiful thing
is, when our efforts are imperfect, he will do the rest. We do our best.
We work. We decide. We choose to be active people, happy people,
determined people, patient, persevering, faithful people, and he will
give us the strength to Do all we have decided to do, everything that is
required of us. He knows you. Don't doubt that. he loves you. Don't
doubt that. You are more to him than you know. I know you are.
con affetto,
Sorella Chandra Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment