Ciao
tutti!!! Well, I am sure you are all dying to hear the news and crazy
changes happening in our little Milan mission, or at least what I will
be doing for the next six weeks, and I can tell you, there are so many
crazy changes that don't make any sense, it is obvious the Lord's hand
is in it. My dear companion is going to the city of my heart, Firenze,
but only for two weeks because then she is going to open Siena!!!!
What!? Is that not beautiful? She is going to Tuscany, the beautiful,
with Sister Soh! And they both did a study abroad in Siena and love it
to pieces. It is so perfect it is almost scary. The spirit was so strong
when we got the call. I am so happy for them I want to cry. My favorite
bit of country. As for me, dear world, I am about to receive a well
dressed package straight from the MTC. That's right. I don't even know
my companion's name yet, because she is on a plane right now. or just
got here. Not sure. For those of you too shocked to understand my
ramblings...I will be training. Did you die, Mom? Me. Training. in
MILANO. I hope I don't lose her in this urban wild-land. I can't decide
if I am nervous or excited. I know I am excited for the opportunity. I
know it will push me and help me grow. Other than that, I have no idea
what to expect, so hello new world! I will get my new companion tomorrow
and if we survive this week, you will hear all of the beautiful details
next week. I will try to leave out the not-so-beautiful ones, like
panic and other odd behaviors that I may experience in the next few
days. To tell the truth, I just feel good about it. I know I won't be a
perfect trainer, but I know it is the right thing and that my companion
is going to be awesome, and that we are going to do the best work we
have ever done here in Milano and see oodles of miracles. As for the
rest of our miraculous week I don't know where to begin. Maybe with the
most beautiful part! Do, a deer. Our dear girl named Nicole was
baptized!!! It was truly one of the most beautiful things I have ever
seen. She told her dad so he could get work off to baptize her, but her
mom still had no idea. there was an activity at the church beforehand
and still no one said anything! I am so proud of our relief society.
That was a dangerous situation, making jam and eating it with all of the
other sisters, chatting about life, and still not one word was said
about her daughter being baptized. Miracle. I was brimming nigh unto
bursting with excitement. Anziano Webb was in a mild state of panic and
the rest of us just kept laughing we were so surprised we were pulling
it off. Thank you Sorella Perez for chatting with Sorella Garcia until
the time was right. Nicole and her dad got dressed and we went and got
her mom and asked her to come help us a moment. When she saw Nicole she
paused and just started to cry. She hugged Nicole and just wept,
embracing her. I got chills. It was such a beautiful thing. I have never
seen a moment like that in my life. The baptism was beautiful and her
dad was so proud. Nicole was radiant. Sorella Jacobson and her parents
got to be here for the baptism and we did a musical number together,
come thou fount, in Italian, and then Nicole bore a beautiful testimony,
talking about how so often we think the spirit doesn't speak to us,
that we don't get an answer, but really we just need to learn to listen.
Is she not incredible?!!! I cried. The spirit was SO strong and
beautiful. I am so proud of her. The rest of this week has just flown
by, but to give you all a few gems, here is a list of wonders and
touching moments.
At lunch with Fratello
Marinello and his wife, he said I was, "veramente brava" and to get
that, sincerely, from and elderly Italian gentleman, who is very strong
in the church, is quite a compliment for me.
I got my new permesso which means I am staying here legally again!
Eugenia and Geraldine are doing awesome!
Slla Friloux gave us American food which included our all natural peanut butter and sweet potatoes I requested.
Pranzo with the Gambardella's. Lasagna alla siciliana and lots of laughter. so fun.
I got to record myself singing into a headset and tape recorder for gaia for her birthday and ate too much cake.
We had an armor of god competition with the Marinello family. They are so great and have cute kids.
I finally bought slippers. cheap and beautiful warmth.
We were knocking doors in a giant palazzo yesterday and at three
doors in a row dogs started barking and no one answered we had an
echoing canine symphony for quite some time.
We met a beautiful woman doing
casa who just started crying when we talked to her. We hope to have
helped her and brought a little light and spirit and we see her again on
Friday!!!
Yesterday we helped Cristina
throw a surprise party for Gaia's birthday, under the pretense we needed
her help teaching Cristina, and Sorella Modugno was there, along with
many other friends and we were able to teach them all and have a great
time together. They were all sad Sorella Nilson is leaving but it was
nice to get to see them all together and take pictures. It was an
unforgettable night and I got to talk to my mission grandma and old
companion. I feel very blessed.
Today we have so much to do and
so little time to do it, I must go. But remember I love you all and that
everything happens at the right time in the Lord and he is in
everything. Everything. We just have to look for his hand. Con affetto,
Sorella Lloyd
Sorella Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment