Well all my dear ones, it has been another wonderful week in Milano.
My companion has been thoroughly exposed to finding, knocking doors,
and talking to crazy people in the park or on the street, getting yelled
at, almost kicked out of buildings, and having people threaten to call
the police or call us rude for interrupting lunch. It is delightful fun.
My companion was so cute singing the "count your rejections" song. Way
to stay positive, Sorellina!
After this week she can probably face anything. We had a miracle that
came from all of that, though. We met this crazy spiritual teacher type
man, Lenny, in a park with a young girl he was helping learn English,
Silvia. He talked and talked and thought everything he said was right,
said you couldn't define God because that limits god, god is in us, in
everything, we know everything if we listen to everything, including
rocks, and he believes he has the power to put thoughts into peoples
heads and move things with his mind and can read the thoughts of others.
It was fascinating. And uncomfortable. Did we back down? Did we argue?
No. We bore testimony. Even though my poor companion just wanted to
leave. Afterward we both felt like we had been there for Silvia. We did
not know why because we did not get her info, but we saw how she
listened to us and we said a prayer for her. Two days later, the anziani in como called us
because they had just met her on the street, invited her to read the Book of Mormon
and will be seeing her in the near future. Miracle. God is mindful of
all his children. And, having a good attitude when everything goes badly
brings blessings. Even getting yelled at can be fun. In other news,
Olga finally has a baptismal date, though it is not until January, it is
still a huge miracle. Things are moving forward with Cristina, Dylan,
and all of their family. We just keep praying it all works out for
December. That would be maybe the greatest miracle of all. We said
goodbye to Nicole today, who flies to New York tomorrow.
She is going to do great things. She got a 5 year student visa and is
so excited. I am so proud of her and of who she is
becoming. I have to go, but I just wanted to say how grateful I am for
the chance I have to be a missionary. I see everyday other people grow
and how I am growing myself, but it is not just because I am on a
mission, but because of the things we DO as missionaries. Things we can
all do. I grow and I learn to love others more because I am applying the
atonement more in my life so I can share it and as I do that I want to
share it more. My relationship with my father in Heaven grows because my
prayers are more meaningful. I am a little less selfish and a little
more generous, a little more kind. Still very VERY imperfect. Seriously
flawed. But I know I am changing and growing. I know His grace makes the
difference and will continue to do so and that His love is the most
powerful thing there is and will heal any hurt, any wound, any
heartache. Everything will be made up. This gospel is so beautifully
perfect and I really love that. I know it is true
for myself and that is something very special.
Sorella Chandra Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment