Sorella Lloyd
24 Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you. (Hebrews 13:24)Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Ringraziamento--Thanksgiving
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! "The pilgrims are here for Thanksgiving. They're
thankful for what they have now. They're looking for a nice juicy
turkey. Oh please help me find them a cow. Bring back, bring back, oh
bring back a steak to me to me. Bring back, bring back, oh bring back a
steak to me!" (to be sung to the tune of My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean)
The word "pilgrims" can be substituted for "missionaries" in the case
that missionaries and not pilgrims are present at your holiday feasting.
Thank you elementary school for memories such as this little ditty.
Alas, my companion and I will not be having turkey or steak today, but
we are nonetheless very grateful for all that we have and for the
chance to be out of the house doing missionary work again! We spent most
of the week inside nursing Sorella Brown's cough and our crazy cabin
fever. Because she has asthma we were advised to stay inside by Sorella
Wolfgramm. Mild insanity
ensued after hours of study. I feel my brain has expanded and I have
been enlightened by many things, but also slightly overwhelmed by them. I
am reading Jesus the Christ in Italian and I must say even my
vocabulary has grown substantially, though I was slightly upset at the
many typos in the text, and I am every more amazed and grateful for the
knowledge we have of the life of Christ. Thursday we taught Laura, a
blind member in our ward, who is super sweet and has a lovely dog named
Luna, Friday we taught Carlota and her two wonderful kids who just
arrived here from Brazil. Her daughter is a returned missionary and both
of the kids play the guitar wonderfully well. She was rather
discouraged because of some serious apartment and legal problems they
have been having so I hope we were able to help. After that, Friday
evening we were ordered to stay home because of Sorella's painful
coughing and we did not leave until Monday morning to buy some things we
needed and then were ordered again inside, not to see the light of day
until yesterday when we had training and interviews with president. I
made oodles of Swedish butter cookies and chocolate shadows during our
captivity and read a lot as I contemplated counting the days on the
wall. I felt like I was in limbo for a couple days. We had no planners
and my watch died so until yesterday I really wasn't sure what day it
was. I was beginning to sympathize with the count of Monte Cristo. Per
fortuna, we are missionaries and the lord has given us uplifting books
and music to help us grow and not perish for the want of sunlight. We
were filled with the light that comes from Gospel study, the light of
the Son. I really did learn a lot and God answered a lot of my
questions. And then yesterday during training we talked about being pure
in heart and I am even more grateful for all that I am learning, for
the chance to be a missionary, to dedicate all I am
to Him and to help his children feel his love and see his light. I feel
more grateful this thanksgiving than I have in a long while and I know
that it is because I have the opportunity to give, to really show what
it means to be grateful to god by sharing what I have, my incredible
blessings that only come from the gospel, with his children. My
testimony has grown and so has my heart. Just do what you can with a
grateful heart. Thanks for all of you back home and thanks to all my
friends and family here in Italy and especially thanks to my God and my
Savior Jesus Christ for saving me every day of my life and for giving me
a chance to do the best thing I have ever done and helping me see the
love they have for me and for all of the children of God. I love you
all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment