Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Letters

On Saturday we received some letters from Chandra. Here are some pieces from them.

Letter to Morgan:
"My favorite things here are Music and the Spoken Word on Sundays, Devotionals, Choir, Hymns in Italian, class with my awesome teachers & district, the salad line, and Sacrament meeting in Italian. My whole branch here is going to Italy & the branch presidency all served missions there.....My companion is awesome and we are both sort of weird, but in a cool way. We are already teaching investigators in Italian."

Letter to Mom:
"I really do love it here. The Spirit is amazing and everyone in my district is so close already. I'm told that's rare and wonderful. We all really take care of each other and support each other. The elders wait for us at lunch and take our trays and we all joke around with each other and cry with each other. We had an incredible devotional yesterday. Rosemary Wixom came and spoke to us. She is the Primary General President. She said exactly what I needed to hear. She told us that when discouraged we should remember the words to "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ." It really touched me. I do know who I am. I know Gods plan. His truth I will proclaim. I know everything will work out. Don't get too discouraged. I kept thinking of Job 23:10 when I was having a rough hour in class yesterday. And 2 Corinthians 4:7,8,17. I just love them. Heavenly Father has reason for guiding us the way he does and He loves us so much."

No comments: