Thursday, June 30, 2011

Email---Third Week's the Charm

Ciao, Ciao!
This week has flown by and yet it has been so incredibly full. I have felt so much and been so uplifted here. Every moment here is a miracle. It is a miracle that I have come so far and a miracle that I have this overwhelmingly beautiful opportunity. Last week starting on Wednesday they had a seminar for all newly called mission presidents. The majority of building 1M was closed off and SO many general authorities were here. On Friday on our way back from the field after palestra (gym) we were stopped and couldn't come back through the gate because Dieter F. Uchdorf was leaving. He and his wife rolled their windows down and waved at us and we all waved back frantically and happily. It is amazing to see the spirit and light that he radiates as one called of God. I could feel the love he has for the missionaries and I only saw him ride away in a nice car. The Lord blesses his missionaries at every moment. Their are so many wonderful experiences. Friday night we had a special devotional by David A. Bednar. It was just terrific. He talked about really being Preach My Gospel missionaries and recognizing that we serve the Lord and are His representatives. He talked about teaching by the Spirit, for people, not for ourselves. Teaching is much more than talking and telling. We need to observe, listen, and discern. I am trying more and more every day to do that. He said we needed to exercise faith and open our mouths so that they could be filled and told us we can do this, no matter how overwhelming it can seem. The Lord will help us because He knows we can do this. It was a beautiful message. Saturday I put that to the test when we taught Samuele again. I was amazed that the Lord answered so completely my prayer. I had been doubting my ability to recognize the direction the Spirit would have be go and my ability to listen that my mouth may be filled with the word of the Lord. But during that lesson, it absolutely was. I explained things in Italian I didn't know I knew how to say. I was able to formulate imperfect sentences that still carried the message of the Spirit. It was a miracle and I felt so blessed to know that the Lord trusted me enough to teach his children and loves me enough to help me along the way. Saturday night our district had one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had in my life. We were paired in companionships to learn to ask inspired questions and follow the Spirit in really getting to know the needs of others. Sorella Smith and I were paired with Anziani Hymas and Angel. Our teacher, Sorella Swenson, said she felt impressed that we needed to do the activity in English. I cannot even express how I felt and what was said. We were all as a district working so diligently to follow the direction of the Spirit that it permeated every particle of air. It was thick and intensely beautiful. I know I was directed to say things as were all the others. Every one of us cried because we were so full of the love of Lord. Sorella Swenson said she has worked at the MTC for more than a year and a half and has never had an experience that strong in the Spirit. The anziani told us of the incredible love our Father in Heaven has for us and how incredibly capable we are. I felt impressed to tell Anziano Hymas that the love he felt so consistently and immensely from His family, always forgiving and encouraging, is exactly how the Lord feels about him as well. That is how He feels for all of us. We all went outside to write in our study journals and upon coming back to the room could still feel the beauty of the spirit and could tell that something incredible happened there. It felt like the temple. I can't even express fully how wonderful it was. Sunday was beautiful as always. It is my favorite day here during the week. President Lamoreaux, of our branch Presidency told my I sang like a songbird and that I should work up a solo to audition with to perform at firesides and I think I will. We are always learning here. On Monday, we went to TRC and my companion and I taught some real Italians. It was awesome, but they speak so quickly it is difficult to understand them. It was a beautiful experience to feel their love for us and the savior's love for them and to not be afraid. The older districts left for Italy yesterday, so pray for them, but they will be amazing. I have very little time, but know I love you all and will write as soon as I can. Always pray for the people in Italy because I already love them so much! I love you all! Sogni d'oro e bellisimi giorni.
Sorella Chandra Marie Lloyd

No comments: