Ciao belli genti! (Hello beautiful people!)
Today I have an array of different feelings that I don't think I can quite describe. Sorella Jacobson is leaving...she is on her way to the lovely city of Bergamo, though I am sure it is not as lovely as Firenze because there is not a place as lovely as Firenze, and I am rather sad. I know it is right and I know that being here with a companion who is not familiar with the city will be a challenge and a blessing for me, but I will miss her. And her amazing pianoforte ability. She has taught me so much and is such a terrific example of how a missionary should be. I just love her. We did not know about this until late yesterday afternoon and since then I have felt so many different things. I am excited and nervous and maybe just a touch fearful, but I know the change will teach me a lot and the Lord has a lot for me to learn. He has to make me enough for these wonderful people. We have had a very exciting week. Last Thursday, we saw one of the Anziani's investigators in a park and a minute later he came back to us and said, "My friends would like to hear the word of God. Can you come?" We taught them an awesome lesson, turned them over to the anziani and they came to church on Sunday. It was awesome. Erica also made it to church Sunday and she liked it so much. She has been before but not since I arrived and I was so glad to hear how much it meant to her. Sorella Jacobson made me some amazing German food on Sunday. There were potatoes, pancetta, and onions and then a German sausage called wurstel. It was DELICIOUS! I made some orange saffron cupcakes last week and last night we made tiramisù! We used shredded chocolate fondant (dark chocolate) on top. It is amazing. We just need to thank the wonderful Sorella Modugno(Sorella Jacobson's trainer and my Italian "grandma") for the recipe! Yesterday Sorella Jacobson and I met our investigator Silvia at the train station Rifredi and walked with her to show her the church. She loved it. The only sad part is that the power was out so we had to teach her in the park instead, but it was a great lesson! We just need to pray for her because she is facing a lot right now, but she is learning to rely on the Lord and it is a beautiful thing to witness. Today we took a few pictures of the Duomo and ponte vecchio and shopped at this amazing shop called Signum in which I could have died and gone to heaven. Calligraphy dip pens, cards, seals, paper, books, pencils, kaleidoscopes, ITALIAN THEATER CUTOUTS (one of which was also a music box), and much more amazingness. We bought some delicious cantucci from Il Cantuccio di San Lorenzo and the traditional style as well as the one with dried figs were both incredibly delicious. We also tried some meringue which was less than amazing, but very fun to try. I cannot believe my first transfer is ending. My amazing trainer is leaving and I feel like Firenze is still a mystery to me. It is an incredible city that I loved instantly, but I feel like I could live here a hundred years and still not discover all of its secrets. Though I am excited to show my beautiful city to my new companion, Sorella Bishop, when she arrives. Sometimes I still feel like I am dreaming, but I know with how hard we work and how exhausted we often are, that can't be true. It is a blessing beyond anything I imagined to do this work here. I am just afraid of how quickly time flies because I know when the time comes, I won't want to leave. Regardless, all is well. We have been teaching a lot and working hard and I love it! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment