Monday, October 3, 2011

Tutto e Bello!--Everything is Beautiful

Boungiorno!
As usual, I do not know where to begin. It has been a completely crazy week, but SO incredible as well. Last Wednesday Sorella Jacobson and I went to a fantastic Indian restaurant as our "ultima cena," though really it was lunch and had a terrific last day together. Thursday we left bright and early for our almost four hour train ride to Milan to switch companions. It was a fun trip, and though it was difficult to part, I know it is how the Lord wants it. I miss my Sorella Jacobson, but Sorella Bishop is fantastic. She has so much spirit and sparkle. And a limitless supply of energy. We are having fun and working hard in Firenze. And, I have not gotten us tragically lost, so I am incredibly proud of myself. We haven't missed an appointment yet. Yesterday was beyond words and full of little miracles. We taught an awesome lesson with our investigator Lisa from Vancouver and then headed to Centro to teach Leda, with her friend Francesca who is a member. Leda is beyond ready to get baptized and we are praying for the date. She asked for a blessing which we set for a couple hours later with the Anziani. We then taught another lesson to a girl who works at Ireri with Leda and Francesca helped us out in so many ways. She is an incredible missionary and member. We then went to the amazing Fratelli la Bufala for pranzo because we did not have time to go home. The man who makes the pizza is from Napoli and asked where Sorella Jacobson went and told me to salute her for him. Their power was out, so they told us we could eat the pizza inside without a service charge. We chatted with the waiter who told Sorella Bishop she has the sky in her eyes and he agreed to come to church and said he would bring the pizza maker. I asked if I could get a picture with them to send to Sorella Jacobson and they agreed. We took pictures by the fiery forno. They then told us that lunch was a present and didn't charge us a thing. It was amazing. (I am attaching pictures). We headed back to meet the anziani at piazza della signoria and after they locked their bikes they were followed by a couple of ladies who recognized them as Mormons and one of them mentioned her daughter lived in Lehi and was a Mormon. I heard her say that and nearly cried out for the joy of it, because I knew exactly who it was! Terri Campbell, if you read this, I ran into your mother in Firenze, and she said to tell you she is alive and well! I could not even believe it. What a crazy thing to happen. The Lord is in every moment of our lives. We then met Leda and Francesca and found a building where the nice lady who worked there told us we could do the blessing. It was an incredible experience. Afterward, Francesca asked for a pass along card, gave it to the woman that worked there, who then followed us outside asking how she could find out more. Leda bore her testimony of the truth of the gospel and she isn't even a member yet and we promised to bring her a Book of Mormon, which we delivered today. It was beyond belief. We taught our sweet investigator Erica and then taught the English class last night. It was a very full, very enjoyable day. Every day here is. Today we spent some time wandering around centro and taking pictures and tasted some delicious pastries. I then had one of the neatest experiences of my life when I took pictures with an amazing street performer here. Oh, if only I had my performance studies class to discuss this with! I could just burst it was such a delightful experience. Firenze is ever more beautiful and I am always learning more about myself, the Lord, and his gospel. And what it means to have real faith. Keep praying for the people of Italy. I love them so much! I love you all!









No comments: