Cari tutti,
I don't know where to begin as usual, but I can say that this week has been one of incredible growth and spiritual learning. Last Thursday we had a new missionary training in Milano and I am still new enough to qualify, so we went on the freccia, a really fast train, to get there in an hour and a half when it usually takes almost four hours. It was absolutely stupendous! Both the train ride and the training. I learned so much and now more than ever, I want to give my all to this work. I learned that we really don't know our best, we don't know all we can give until we give it, only the Lord does. Only He can help us see all that we can sacrifice, all that we are capable of with His help and His power. We absolutely MUST rely on Him at every moment because if we don't, we can't discover who we really are and how much we can truly do. I have also been thinking a lot about Alma 26 where Ammon talks of the power of God and then about how they continued faithful even when they were spit upon and their hearts were depressed and how great was the joy they gained. Fratello Pfeiffer at the MTC said that when the bad things happen or the work gets rough to remember that we are in good company, the best company, Jesus Christ's company, because he paid for all of it before. He experienced it all before, for Ammon and his brethren and for us. I have been trying to remember it in the good times as well. Every time I knock on a door or talk to someone new, I try to think, "I am in good company" and remember that He is standing there with me, I have his light to give and when they reject or accept what I say, they reject or accept Him, not just little me. I can't do anything in this work without His help and I think that is an incredibly humbling and beautiful thing. I am trying to trust Him completely and then go forth boldly with a confidence in Him that grows each day. I am not a perfect person. Sometimes I am not a very good one, but I know that as I trust in His plan for me, and not my own shallow wisdom, I grow and become more than I ever thought possible, and yet, still incredibly weak and humble because I know I can't do anything of myself. It is an amazing thing. This week has been a testimony builder, a week of intense growth, where for a while I felt uncomfortable in my own skin, like a snake about to shed its former self, but I hope I am better for it. It has also been a week to enjoy. We had the opportunity to help a couple who were stranded here on their honeymoon and learned from them really how to put another person first and got some incredible tips from a returned missionary on how to go about this work with all that you have. Thanks Jed and Michelle! We also met with a man named Victor Simon Peter who told us repeatedly that he "speaks the truth" and that he was grateful that we "worked for the Jesus Christ." I am grateful I work for Him too. We also had the opportunity to teach Michele, the waiter from our favorite pizza place, Fratelli la Bufala, and it was amazing. He is terrific and receptive and we are meeting with him again tonight. Please pray for our investigators. Pray for everyone here in bella italia. They need the light and love of the Lord and they need His gospel. I love you all bunches! Stay tuned for next week and what I am sure will be some amazing adventures in the most wonderful city in the world! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment