Dec. 17, 2011
Well, dear ones, here I am sitting in a rather comfortable chair in a room that smells nothing like some of the strange internet points I've used as of late, appreciating the fact that by working in the office I no longer have to pay to use a computer desperately needing some tender loving care and disinfectant. It may have only been three and a half days since last I wrote, but so much has happened that I, as always, know not where to begin. Yes,musical theater lovers, I know, the beginning is a very good place, however dears, there is too much to say and too little time to express it creatively. Thursday Sorella Bishop and I awoke at 05:00 military time for an indescribably exhausting maneuver that involved transporting all of our food to the church followed by six pieces of overstuffed and slightly broken luggage. Luckily, Heavenly Father loves us and provided us three helpfully strong men followed by two bravi Anziani to help us arrive in Milan safely. I will never forget the adventure it was getting all of our bags out of the apartment and onto the bus. Delightful madness! After arriving, I was shown the office and then went to the Wolfgramm's to help Sorella Wolfgramm prepare for the departure dinner which was absolutely amazing. Talking with the three leaving missionaries and sharing testimonies with people of that caliber was beyond spiritually edifying. I am so incredibly excited to work with my two companions, Sorelle Burgoyne and Smith, along with the assistants, Elder and Sister Ritchie, and of course President and Sister Wolfgramm. Despite all of my struggling and sadness at having to leave my beloved Firenze, I feel so strongly I am exactly where the Lord needs me. If feels so right it is almost bewildering. I do not know exactly what I am meant to do here or why I, with all of my quirks and eccentricities, would be the person to work in a place like this, but I know it is right and that is enough for me. We are so busy here! With Zone conferences coming we have orders to fill, traveling to do, and still many lessons to teach. Today was a marvel as well because we had the privilege of playing basketball with President, Elder Ritchie, and the assistants, and although I have not played basketball in six and a half centuries, I made some rather nice shots. They may make an athlete out of me yet. We taught a lesson tonight to a wonderful lady named Breeda, who is incredibly ready and incredibly Irish, talkative, creative, and smart, with a beautifully lilting cadence. We are so excited to see her in church tomorrow! With all that we have to do, I am bound to be busy beyond belief, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am blessed to be able to work with amazing people here, working to bless the lives of the missionaries here, and I still get to be a very missionary-like missionary, teaching and testifying to the benefit of those we meet. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have. So grateful. This Christmas season we do have so much to be thankful for. Tanti bacioni e boune feste!
No comments:
Post a Comment