Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Trasferimento...!
Well, here I am again in our favorite internet point, rather excited to tell you all my exciting transfer news and to express how emotionally jumbled I really feel. I am being transferred from my beloved Firenze to...wait for it...drum roll please...patience is a virtue...Milano! That's right folks. But I am not just going to Milano, I am going to work in the office, which I am told is a complement this early in my mission. I am not sure. I am however excited for something very new and very different. Anziano Heninger said they send all of the strongest sisters to the office. I would think he was full of nonsense, but he is a quite trustworthy missionary, so I hope there is a meager amount of truth to it, because I do not think it will be that easy. President said he thought long and hard about it. He asked me if I was ready to leave Firenze and I said, "Will I ever be ready to leave Firenze?" Probably not, but I knew it was coming for the last few weeks. I could feel it. It had been difficult saying goodbye to everyone here that has touched and changed my life. I almost cried when we said goodbye to Michele. He told me not to cry and then said in broken English, "We are always with you." I might not be so overwhelmed if Sorella was staying, but she is going to Reggio Emilia and they are closing down the Sisters here for a while. We will be heading to Milan tomorrow to switch with six pieces of luggage between us. Pray for us. We have seen so many miracles this week and talked to so many people, from giving a Book of Mormon to a musician playing under the station, to the best dark chocolate gelato in the world, the anziani's baptism, a new Ukrainian investigator who is AWESOME and Francesco, the artist, giving me a small painting he did that he took off of his wall to give me. It has been an amazing week, and a beautiful way to finish here. It just breaks my heart a little. I Love Firenze with so much of my heart I don't know how to say farewell. I am going to take one long last look at all of the beauty I can today and try to capture it forever in my memory. This really is MY city. There is one thing that Milano has that I am exceedingly excited for, however, and that is La Scala, the incredibly important and famous Italian theater\opera house that I have heard about. I will probably walk in and weep. Until next time, I wish you a lot of love and an abundance of the Christmas spirit. Look for ways to serve someone today. Jesus would and you will be so happy for it. Forget your problems by giving of yourself. I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment