Sunday, February 19, 2012
Carnivale!
Ciao tutti! Oh week of weeks! This has been a truly incredible seven days. Are you holding on to the edge of your seats? I would be, if I wasn't typing. We have seen a myriad of miracles and had so much fun! The new missionary couple, the Jacobs, arrived. They are terrific and very nice. The Giurintano's made us Sicilian food for lunch on Friday. We had this pasta casserole type thing that was made with a pasta shaped like little rings, frittata, and cannoli. Tasty! Saturday we taught Massimiliano the law of Chastity and were so content to discover that he has always believed in it. He kept talking about how special it should be between someone and their spouse. He may be one of the most elect twenty-somethings I have ever met. We asked him what was keeping him from baptism and he said he was concerned about some serious defects he had. We braced ourselves for what was coming, but as it turns out, the thing that is tearing him up inside is that he curses sometimes. I almost wept it was so beautiful. That is fixable. I am absolutely amazed at what a good kid he is. He is a mechanic and goes out with his friends a lot, but still thinks that it is incredibly important for someone to have a belief and to live it. We set up a baptismal date with him and we are so excited! It snowed on Sunday and was very pretty, though half of the ward couldn't make it to church. I sang and Sorella Sloan played the piano. Afterward, Rita came up to me and told me I was the sweetest and most beautiful and that I didn't belong on this earth my voice was so lovely. It was one of the nicest compliments I think I have ever received. We prayed really hard for Mandy on Sunday because she was having a rough time and we were teaching her that night. We felt really strongly that everything would be okay. We watched the Joseph Smith movie at Ben and Casie's (members) and afterward had a terrific discussion. Mandy still wasn't sure she had enough faith in herself to be baptized. She decided she wanted to talk to the bishop, which she did yesterday and last night she called us and said, "What do I have to do to get baptized on Saturday?" Miracle of Miracles. She finally feels ready. And, best of all, the Herndon's and Shaylee will all be there to see it! She is so ready and so amazing. She is going to do incredible things. I am so excited! I had a fit when she called. I am so happy for her!!! We had interviews with president yesterday in Mestre, which were awesome, as always, and I received my birthday package at long last, which I loved! Thanks to everyone who wrote a card for that. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. Today, Sorella Sloan and >I went to celebrate in Venice for carnivale. There were people in amazing costumes and masks everywhere. I was in heaven! It was like a dream come true. I love Italy. My companion did something amazing for me this week. She told me off. She told me to snap out of it and stop letting the adversary get into my head and remind me constantly of how imperfect I am. I love my companion. That was a gift for me. She reminded me who I am and what I am capable of. I want to do the same for all of you. I am telling you to snap out of it. Stop letting the darkness take over. You are worth more to me and to your heavenly father than that. You have so much to offer. You already give so much. Don't let him get you down. don't let the gray skies burden you with doubts. You have the power to stop it. You have the power to change. You have the power to be happy. And you have the Lord, who loves you, so you never have to fear. Do your best. Do what is right. don't let Him down. He won't do that to you. You aren't alone. Everything is going to be okay. I love you all bunches. Talk to you soon. Sorella Lloyd
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment