Thursday, February 23, 2012
Chanel sopravive e un battesimo!--Chanel Survives and a Baptism
Another exciting week in Pordenone and many things to share. First, Mandy was baptized Saturday and it was amazing! I am so happy for her! She is so glad and so aware that Heavenly Father is happy with the decision she has made. It was an absolute miracle. Elder Herndon was able to baptize her before he and his wife went home from their mission and they were able to share this special experience with Mandy, which is something she wanted and needed. The spirit was so strong. Another of our investigators, Mariana, did her baptismal interview with Anziano Sciarretta before the baptism and was able to stay to watch. She is very sensitive to the Spirit and cried saying it was a very powerful experience for her. she will be baptized this Saturday and we are all so happy. There are miracles everywhere in Pordenone. Mariana's dog, Chanel was run over by a car very badly on Thursday. For some reason, all of our appointments had cancelled and we decided to give her a call. The accident had just happened and she was frantic on the phone. Chanel had survived, but when she brought her into the house she ran under the bed and wouldn't come out. We said we would come over immediately. As soon as we arrived, Chanel came out from under the bed and Mariana was able to take her to the vet and we were able to go and offer support. We were able to be there when she needed us and miraculously, dear little Chanel doesn't have any broken bones and despite her many bruises she is getting better everyday. We had an awesome lesson with Massimiliano, in the which we taught him repentance by asking for the thing most valuable to him, which happened to be the keys to everything he possesses and works with and then gave him a test to regain them that he absolutely could not pass by himself. We illustrated the atonement by my taking the exam as well and then giving him the bonus points I achieved with a more than perfect score, that way, he could get his keys, without having to be perfect, he just had to rely on some help from someone who knew better than he did, someone who offered freely to help. We then read the talk "the Atonement: all for all" by Bruce Hafen. It was brilliant and I am so excited about his future baptism because he is truly bravo. I want to quickly give a shout out of gratitude to Anziani Sciaretta and Gessel who came to Pordenone twice this week to do baptismal interviews and help us out. I cannot express how much I appreciate all that our awesome district leader and his companion did for us. So, if someone who knows them reads this, know that they are worth more than gold, always working to GUP (grow Udine and Pordenone) and give of themselves. Sunday night and Monday we had an amazing Blitz with the lovely sorelle from Trieste. We had a good time here together that included a meeting with their district and ours wherein I learned a lot. Thanks Anziani Hatch and Wilkey and Sorelle Hanks and Jones for coming to visit us! I have been uplifted and changed for the better because of all of you. Yesterday my dear collega was sick, so we stayed inside, but I do have to say that General Conference of October 2008 was brilliant in both English and Italian. My companion is doing much better and we are both happy to be out of the house. I have learned a lot this week about not worrying about things, saying come what may and then loving it, and just being happy and hopeful, recognizing that I am always being taken care of by my Heavenly Father. The more I trust Him, the more I can consider the lilies, free myself from worry and care, and just be happy. I think a true optimist not only faces adversity with a good attitude, but doesn't worry about the possibility of adversity to come either. It is an amazing thing to recognize. Much love and blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment