Hello all you wonderful people who take time to read my ramblings of the crazy experiences I am having as a missionary. This week may top them all off. Can you handle it? First off, for all those of you who are dying of curiosity, my companion and I are staying in Pordenone for another seven weeks! Hurray! The only change in our district is that our dear District Leader, Anziano Sciaretta, is leaving for Bergamo. We are a little sad at the thought we will have to GUP without him for he is an incredible missionary and terrific district leader, but the Lord knows where we are all needed, so it is all for the best. Mariana was baptized Sunday evening after church so her daughter could be there and it was so beautiful. The Spirit was incredibly powerful and everyone was so welcoming. I was amazed and grateful. She really had an incredible experience. Her daughter Joana, was a little overwhelmed, but we hope to help her understand better the important and special step her mother just took. Niccola, a man who has attended English class here for years came to both church and the baptism for the first time on Sunday. He said he truly felt the spirit and power of God which is something he never felt in Catholicism, which is why he isn't practicing. He has a lot of questions we hope to be able to answer and we are very excited about the possibility of teaching him. Besides that, he told me I had "una voce celestiale" after I sat by him in church, so something was speaking to him ;). The ward party Saturday was a lot of fun, we played a big quiz game like jeopardy and afterward I realized I will need to study hard when I get home because I can't remember the very important things I used to know. When you are one of only two Americans in a room full of people and they ask the year of the Boston Tea Party, and you having studied it for years, still can't remember the answer, you will know how tragically uneducated I felt. The only question I knew the answer to was a sport question. Yes, I know dear reader, that does not sound like me. It is a little frightening. But I am not worried about it. We tried to teach Ana Italian which was fun and last night at FHE with the Italians we talked about burying our weapons of war and Sorella Rigonat called the Lamanites "tedeschi" I nearly died it was so funny. Speaking of funny things, we met a man doing casa last night who is a Raelist. For those of you, like my companion and I, who weren't aware there was such a thing, let me explain. He believes that there is a prophet named Rael who was abducted by the Elohim, which he basically termed as scriptural aliens, who was given knowledge and has then shared it with his followers. The believe that all is science, that resurrection is actually cloning, and that in order to be cloned, one must be baptized molecularity. Yes. Molecular baptism. I was and am amazed at this concept. We told him the story of Joseph Smith and he told us that it was absolutely true and that Joseph was visited by aliens and then explained to us that James 1:5 is a description of these aliens giving knowledge by a microchip to those who ask for it. I wish you all could have been in attendance at this oh so interesting and otherworldly encounter. I cannot describe it adequately enough. In leaving, I was amazed that there are 80,000 people who believe this and even more amazed that I understood what he was talking about because alien cloning in Italian is almost like reading Greek. To celebrate our eventful encounter of yesterday evening, Sorella and I sang "If you Could Hie to Kolob" this morning as part of companion study. It just seemed right. I love you all. Keep doing good and praying for those who are waiting for the gospel to change their lives for the better. this is the most worthwhile work on earth. And if you see any UFOs, I don't want to hear about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment