Quindi, cari miei, my companion and I were both sick over the course of the last five or so days. Let not that worry you. We are well and have survived the plague. Only our noses have the lingering effects of the viral war waged within us. Friday I felt rather unwell, but wanted to work anyway, sadly I only made it through morning studies before my companion ordered me to bed. I was a wonderful patient and didn't complain, just drove my companion to straight jacket madness by being unable to sleep and becoming silly. Rather, slightly "delusional" as my companion said. Fortunately, to combat such comments, I passed my bugs on to her. Unfortunately, she was able to pay me back by sleeping for four days while I suffered from insomnia, cabin fever, and a cold. Truly, it wasn't that bad. I spent our time telling Sorella Sloan dark fairy stories from my childhood and everything was delightfully "grim". Little goat bleat, little table away. And before we know it, we are back to work. Amusingly, we received very interesting advice on how best to take care of our sickness. Fratello Cavallaro told Sorella Sloan to smack me, give me an aspirin, and put me to bed. Ana Caldaras told us to eat some toast, pig fat, and garlic ("perchè è buono" as she said), drink some tea, take an aspirin, and get some water for our feet and then go to bed until we are better. She then brought us some of the strangest smelling pizza I have ever encountered. Sorella Durazzani told us to stay inside because people her age could die because of what we have. Oh, and eat soup. Some highlights include: making multi-grain pizza with pumpkin on top, homemade bread made with natural leavening I made myself, leaning out the window to listen to someone play the accordion in the street (only in Italy), and finally, feeling well enough to teach an awesome lesson to Massimiliano who is himself, awesome. Overall, not a bad week. Nothing, not even an angry cold from the far side of the underworld will stop the amazing work of the Lord! I love being a missionary. Do some good. Love!
Sorella Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment