Thursday, March 29, 2012

La conferenza per le sorelle missionarie, Verona, e...clown terapia.--The conference for sister missionaries, Verona, and ... clown therapy.

Ciao tutti! What a week I have had! Friday night we went on base to help out our new convert who asked us to sing "Amazing Grace" at her art show she was producing as a fundraiser for shelters for women. She was in charge of the activities for women's empowerment and it was neat to be able to participate. The art was beautiful. It felt really different being on the military base, and I was glad to get back to Italy afterward, but we had a good experience. Pierino, the eight year old grandson of the Giurintano's is awesome. He is very smart and very happy to be learning about the gospel, so we always have a good time teaching him. Sorella Durazzani had us come teach a couple she met a few days before at her home, we hope very much that they will still want us to teach them and want to learn about the gospel. I think Sorella D was a little sneaky about who we were and why we were there (Gotta love her), but as we began to talk, they opened up, expressed how they felt, and I really hope were touched by the spirit. We see them again next Saturday. Massimiliano is as awesome as ever. We went over all of the baptismal questions with him and he expressed how he felt about them all without  hesitation. His reactions to the questions about abortion and homosexual relationships were hysterical, though. Did we even have to ask? Guess he wasn't expecting that. He closed our lesson on Saturday with a beautiful prayer and thanked Father in Heaven for the chance to know His true church. Wonderful lesson. We taught Dustin and his wife Corianne a lesson we had been planning for two weeks that fit in with what they had been dealing with that week and they both expressed how needed it was at exactly that moment. The Lord really has his hand in all we do, he helps us touch the lives of His children, sometimes far before they need it. It is amazing to see how strong Dustin is as a new convert and how great his relationship is with his wife and his Heavenly Father. The Spirit is so nice at their home. We taught Mandy a little lesson and I helped her make veggies for a party and we all had a good time in the kitchen. District meeting was great with our zone leaders and the other anziani from their district. I made cake with ricotta and jam inside it that was really quite tasty, which everyone ate for lunch because the pizzeria nearby was closed. Probably not the healthiest idea, but they enjoyed it. We met an awesome lady at the park who was very pregnant and exceedingly happy. She does clown therapy and goes to hospitals to cheer up children and any one else who needs it. So neat! She gave Sorella Sloan and I each a clown nose and told us that whenever we see it we can remember to be positive. It was one of the most delightful conversations I have ever had. Now I just need to convince my companion that we can do proselyting as clowns. We'll see how that goes. Tuesday was a sister missionary conference in Milan. We all had a wonderful time and learned a lot. I loved working with and seeing all of the sisters. It felt so special. Then we headed to Verona and yesterday we did a blitz there. Verona is BEAUTIFUL! I was with Sorella Laratro, who is Italian, crazy, and a wonderful missionary. We went all over the city on bicycle and I learned more in that one day than I could even tell you all. We visited two lovely sisters from their ward and talked to many others by the arena. I loved learning how energetic and happy we can be while sharing the gospel. It doesn't always have to be a serious thing. It is very important, but it is very beautiful, positive, and hopeful. I felt so lifted. We laughed a lot. I had a tremendous time and I think I will carry that with me for a long while. As our ward mission leader said, "parlare delle cose del Signore non vuoldire piangere." The Gospel is a happy thing. As we use it we should get happier. As we internalize it and live it, we will be joyous and be able to share what we know with others because we truly know it, we have experienced it. I LOVE being a missionary! Go make your own life a little brighter and then brighten the lives of those around you! Much love!
Sorella Lloyd

No comments: