Sunday, March 25, 2012

Al Mare!--The Sea!

Buongiorno tutti! Sono emozionata per tanti motivi oggi, ma specialmente perchè siamo andate al mare! La spiaggia! Per la prima volta! Sono molto benedetta!  CHE BELLO è il mare! Mi piacciono i punti esclamativi!!! For those of you still wondering what on earth I am talking about, we went to the sea today! To the beach! For the first time! I am incredibly blessed! The sea is BEAUTIFUL! And I really like exclamation points! Yes, friends. My first time at the beach was at a lovely place called Jesolo Lido in ITALY! Marian and her daughter Joana took us today and we had a picnic on a pier and then walked bare foot in the sand. I am just glad I didn't wear tights with my skirt today. It was amazing. I loved it. And it was hot. I think I have a rather fierce sunburn. Aren't you all jealous? I would be. It was a beautiful car ride through the country side with great trees lining the road, a long beautiful walk in the sand gathering sea shells, topped off with some nice cool Italian gelato. I hope you all have beautiful dreams of days like this and that they come true. I am just tickled about the whole thing. Last week we had mission training which was life-changing. It changed my mission and my life. I am so excited for missionary work and for our new focus on teaching. It is incredibly helpful to learn from other missionaries and from our president. We are teaching the Giurintano's grandson the lessons and he is super bravo. Such a cute kid. They invited us over for some minestrone that was the best I have had. Amazing Massimiliano accepted the law of tithing like it was the most right thing in the world, thanks impart to some amazing members and his own goodness. He will be baptized in April. Yeah! He would be baptized sooner but is going scuba diving in Croatia. He is really that cool. I love that kid. For ST. Patrick's day I made some little green coconut balls covered in chocolate that were delicious, which we then imparted to all the lovely people we met throughout the day. I did miss my Irish dinner, but I died the milk green and mischievously switched all of my companion's drawers around, leaving the blame on the now wanted for ransom leprechaun who left very little evidence of his jaunt through our apartment. We very miraculously got twenty lessons last week, teaching 16 of them in 3 days. My companion is awesome and worked it all out.  The Lotito's had us over for dinner and their little girls amazed us with artistic gymnastics and tales of romance "L'amore è Come il Formaggio." Everyone has their own taste. I also gave a talk in church on Sunday. I talked about enduring to the end, about not giving up or giving in and how to do it with hope. It went pretty well, though I was a bit nervous. Sorella Canfield told me I didn't seem like a missionary but that I have "qualcosa in più" I thought that incredibly nice. We have a new investigator who just showed up to church from Albania. Very exciting! And last night we had a red zone miracle and found a beautiful little Italian family, so  open, and so ready to hear the gospel. Ana Caldaras from Romania told me the real story of Dracula last night, though it did not include one gruesome bite or long sleepless night, it was just as dark and bloody. She was appalled people thought he was a vampire, though the fact he killed a bunch of thieves and liars in horrible ways to stop crime and dishonesty doesn't necessarily make him a good person in my opinion. Crazy nonsense aside, it has been a great week of getting soaked in rainstorms and warmed by the sun, and in the end, having each day, the beautiful opportunity to share the gospel. I am so lucky! Remember how much you are loved and go and do some good!
Sorella Lloyd

No comments: