Cari miei, Here I am again at the
rainbow express internet point wondering where on earth to begin with
what has gone on this week. One thing is for sure, my mission is
anything but normal, but then again, so am I, so I suppose it suits.
Last Wednesday after kebab we wrote letters and did English class. There
was a problem with Sorella Forbes bike so bishop tried to help us fix
it, but it was impossible so she got a ride home with Sorella °Durazzani
while slla Walton and I rode the two bikes home wearing the ridiculous
orange vests so kindly given to us by Sorella D and Vescovo. We looked
beautiful, I assure you. The Sorelle from Verona arrived and we began
our blitz of our delightful city. I invented a cake and they ate the
entire thing they worked so hard. We taught a dozen lessons in one day
on Thursday. Amazing! I did a split with Carolina and got to spend some
time talking to her after she helped amazingly with the
lesson. She has such a strong testimony and I hope she knows how great
she is. Thursday night President Wolfgramm called us and told us he was
sending another sister here. Sorella Modugno (from Rome) had to go home
for a while because of health problems, but would be coming back Monday
to be MY new companion. Yes folks. The transfer is almost over and we
opened a new companionship. More on how awesome my companion is in just a
moment. Friday and Saturday I was kind of sick with a fever, but we
consoled ourselves by ordering pizza and watching the Joseph Smith
movie. Vicky had her baptismal interview Saturday and will be baptized
tomorrow! Hurray! She is so excited and so are we. We had a good time
playing with her little boy during the whole thing as well. During
planning we had to divide up our investigators and new converts which
was incredibly difficult, but we tried to listen to the spirit and
everything should be okay. Sunday in church was
great and afterward we went to the Cavallaro's for lunch. We played
Fratello Cavallaro's guitar and their drum and I sang a bunch with
Rachele. They feel like family for me and I love that they treat me like
family, too. I think they'd like me to stay in Pordenone as much as I
would like to stay. They made us some delicious pizza. So good! We
taught Vincenza Monday morning and she still would like to get baptized
next Saturday, so we taught her more than I thought we would at one
time, but she was so ready for it. She wants to invite her family and
she had read all the way to Alma and I will be surprised if she doesn't
finish it before her baptism. Just pray that all goes well and she can
have her interview and feel ready, because she is just terrific. Monday
afternoon my amazing companion Sorella Modugno arrived and that night we
taught the American ward FHE. She was nervous to teach in English, but
did a beautiful job. I feel like a got a sister
when they sent me her. She was awesome with Fllo Villone and Kevin and
now we have the opportunity to teach them. I am so excited, plus I love
speaking so much Italian. With dividing everyone we have had to do a
lot of casa and other finding, but we are excited to be working and
trying always to do what the Lord would have us do. Wednesday we had
interviews with President and I sang a song with Anziano Taggart and he
did a good job. So did Anziano Jeter our pianist extraordinaire. Sorella
Modugno and I have been having a good time at work and play. Yesterday
we rode our bikes all the way to the mall where we had never been before
and were successful in finding bike shorts, yeah! It was an adventure I
may never forget. I finally received my package and in it was a lovely
little watch. I have been going around for two days with two watches. I
don't know why, but I like it. Sorella Modugno says I remind her of the
mad hatter. Wish I could make it
true and wear a hat. The mad part I have covered. She has called me
crazy more than once, but we get along splendidly. Besides, we eat well.
Well, dear ones, I have to go. Just know the Lord loves you and so do I
and don't get discouraged for any reason, just endure it well, just go
on, and remember to be faithful and hopeful. Be happy because you can.
Lots of love.
Sorella Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment