Buon giorno tutti! Come state?
Sto bene grazie. Infatti, sto benissimo perché ho un'altro trasferimento
qua a Pordenone. Which means, I am doing great because I get to stay
here in Pordenone for another transfer! Yeah! Five transfers in one city
may be a lot, but I love the people here, the members, new converts,
investigators. I feel very blessed. Plus, I get to stay with my
wonderful companion, Sorella Modugno for another six weeks! Urra!
Despite the fact that we had probably a dozen appointments cancel
without telling us and haven't been able to see our investigators, we
have had a good week. We had an awesome lesson with Massimiliano, our
great new convert, in which we took him through the plan of salvation
and the steps of the gospel. We set up the different parts around the
church, he had libero arbitrio, a balloon to fill with air when he
learned something (the only thing he could take with him), mortal
defects (hand
tied) and he received the gift of the holy ghost(me, attached to a
string he had to hold). At judgment he had to decide where he felt he
deserved to go, when he said he didn't think he felt pure enough or
ready enough for the celestial kingdom, we were able to talk about grace
and the mercy we have through the atonement of Christ. We don't have to
be perfect, just truly progressing toward perfection and we will be
perfected in Him. We concluded the lesson in the chapel(our celestial
kingdom) and Sorella Modugno made me sing for them (like the angels, she
said). It was a neat experience for me and I hope for him. Saturday
night was Vicky's baptism and her husband Clarence was able to do it for
her. It was really neat. She was so happy she was giddy and I was so
happy they got to experience that together. That was years of
missionaries working with them to make that night possible and it was
truly beautiful. Vincenza had her interview for baptism on
Monday and everything went smoothly. She is so awesome! She has almost
finished Alma in the book of Mormon, prays like it is something she has
been doing her whole life, and it wasn't, and she is truly progressing,
truly ready. We have postponed the baptism for now so that Norman's
parents can come, but she is very excited and I am so happy to get to
work with her and she her progress. We were able to teach Vincenzo
Villone, Sorella Villone's inactive husband for the first time when he
actually wanted to participate. WE talked about the plan of salvation.
The whole thing was a miracle because he had asked us to come over for
that purpose. We did family home evening with Fratello Dall'Antonia's
family, his inactive mother in law ans non-member aunt and it was really
great. Serata familiare was crazy as usual, but I just love Ana,
Mariana, and Sorella Rigonat. So great. Yesterday we went to Naturasi,
the best health food store I have ever entered. I was
in health food heaven. My companion and I delighted over everything. It
was like good earth, but better, because it was full of Italian food.
It is a dream. There was the most intense thunderstorm I have ever
experienced last night, it kept me up for a while, almost with fear, but
it was beautiful. There was an incessant rumble and occasional earth
shaking crash of thunder and constant flashes of lightning that made me
think of the lights in the Secret of Nymn. It was spectacular. A
heavenly fireworks show in the middle of the night. I want to wish a
good like to all missionaries going home this transfer, especially
Anziano Armenise from our district, and I hope you all can face the
change with the faith and hope and strength that I know you have gained
here. And laughter. It has been a beautiful week getting to know my
incredible collega and learning from her and I hope you all get the
chance to really get to know those around you and learn from them.
When things get tough say a prayer of gratitude for the opportunity to
grow and enjoy the challenge. I am so happy I have the opportunity to
serve the lord and to chose happiness by following him each day. I hope
you do the same. Lots of love and tanti bacioni!
Sorella Lloyd
Good eats for the week: pasta al forno from
Sorella Villone, INCREDIBLE foccaccia from Sorella Rigonat, my very
first homemade apple pie (made by me, I mean), a spinach and onion
frittata and a strawberry crostata with pastry cream from scratch both
made by my incredible companion. Don't drool too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment