Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pordenone, Pordenone, notte e dì è Pordenone!!! -- Pordenone, Pordenone, Pordenone is night and day!

Ciao cari! Here I am again at our rainbow express internet point wondering how on earth I will sum up briefly this week because I just don't know what to say. It isn't really that a lot has happened, but I have learned a lot about myself and about other people, and what it really means to be a child of God. We had the opportunity finally to teach Glenda and Luca again. we showed them part of the film " together forever" and Glenda cried and Luca tried to open up and then reach out to his wife. The spirit was really there and we hope to continue to create an environment where the spirit can bear witness that it is the gospel of Jesus Christ that will change them and their marriage. I have so much hope for them, I just need to trust that we will be able to do this work, that we can be instruments in the hands of the Lord to help them allow him to heal their little family. Ward counsel got really involved this week in helping us and we are trying to plan an activity for couples, a movie night where they watch "fireproof" and then invite Glenda and Luca to participate as well. It is wonderful to see the ward get so involved in the work. They are trying to invite friends and neighbors to church as we kick off this month of the invite, and I feel like the work here is growing and changing. I love this ward and the people here so much. Bishop continues to tease me about being in Pordenone for so long, but I am so glad, because we feel like family. Vincenza is moving forward with her baptism. We are planning the 16th if all works out. She is so ready and so willing to take this step. She keeps talking about how much she wants her family to know more and dreams of seeing them all in the temple. It is beautiful. Yesterday Sorella Modugno and I went to the Cavallaro's for lunch to talk about a musical activity they have wanted to do for months. I told them that chances are these are my last six weeks here so we need to stop putting it off. So, we are working together to do a script to go with musical numbers and present the plan of salvation in the form of a fairy tale. I am so excited! They are doing this to invite nonmembers and increase missionary work. I am excited to help and see how it works out. I can't even tell you how excited I am to put something like this together. In other news, Sorella Modugno is awesome and an incredible cook, and Monday was my mother's birthday, so if you didn't ask her how old she is and wish her happy birthday you need to get on that. I just want to leave you all my love and the testimony that I know we are children of a loving Heavenly Father.  You are His child. He loves you. He knows you. Give yourself more of a chance each day to know him and what he wants for you. Let him communicate to you and teach you how special you are, because you are. Stop doubting that. Trust him and then change, grow, and share. I love you all so much!  Sorella Lloyd

No comments: