Ciao miei cari! It has been, to
say the least, an interesting and surprising week. Wednesday night we
taught Massimiliano about enduring with the armor of God and dressed him
in it, which was hysterical. Truly. Unfortunately, he was falling out
of his chair at one point and accidentally punched Sorella Modugno.
Fortunately, it didn't do much damage. Unfortunately, her bicycle crash
on Thursday did. We were at the center of the city and her bike caught
the lip of a very low sidewalk and stopped, sending her flying over the
handlebars and her helmet flying off her head. Fortunately, the sudden
lack of a helmet didn't cause more problems. Unfortunately, after
getting her bike chain fixed and making it home, we realized she could
no longer move her hand and was a little bruised and bloody in other
areas del corpo. Fortunately, we had a first aid kit. Unfortunately, we
still had to go to the hospital. Fortunately, we got a
ride from a member. Unfortunately, I still don't like hospitals and she
was considered "bianco", so we knew we'd have to wait. Fortunately, I
was able to laugh and joke, and after a couple hours, she got in, got
checked out, and was let go, with nothing broken. Yeah! Unfortunately,
we had to take the bus back home. Fortunately we stopped on the way home
to get a gelato, though I got a granita, and a young napolitano gave us
free bread made of Kamut when we walked into his store. Pur troppo,
Sorella Modugno is still very bruised but we have had some adventures at
home since then and now we seem to be back in working order, though the
bruises on her leg are still very ugly. When Ana heard about the bike
crash she brought us some fish she made that smelled funny, but it was
nice of her and we were able to talk to her about the temple and how
wonderful it will be when she goes. Friday Sorella bought a new bike! It
is beautiful! And it works! She has
less fear of dying with this one and she doesn't feel incredibly stupid
riding it. Her old bike had a problem with the chain and the different
gears and only worked on the smallest one, so she had to pedal really
fast to get anywhere. She looked kind of funny and she always did it in
just the perfect rhythm for me to hum the anthem of the wicked witch of
the west. I think she'll miss that ;). Alessandro, the inactive son of
Sorella Giurintano taught us how to make pasta allo scoglio on Saturday.
I had a wonderful time touching the fresh shrimp and seppioline, le
vongole and cozze, and to tell the truth, it is among my favorite
dishes I have had here in Italy. I love sea food. The fresh parsley put
it over the top. So yummy. While we were there I played ball in the sun
for I don't know how long with riccardo, 4 anni. It was so much fun.
Fortunately for me, Riccardo is too small to get the ball right in my
face. Though, he is one of the most bravo
child soccer players I have ever played with. Maybe I will join a mini
soccer team when I get home. the Cavallaro's had us over for lunch on
Sunday and we worked on the princess story musical activity we are
putting together. I am so excited to help out with it because I feel
like I am helping to fulfill one of Fratello Cavallaro's dreams, and
apart from that, my companion is an amazing writer, and I love musicals
and putting the pieces together, seeing it develop in my head.
Translation and writing has been a good language study activity. We
found the best place to get a granita here in Pordenone, if you can't
make it to the Cavallaro's for their homemade variety. It is an
artigianale gelateria on viale dante that uses lots of real fruit and
almost no sugar. In the melting heat that won't leave us be, it is the
best and most wonderful cure for stanchezza and too much sun. Peach is a
dream. Today after getting a haircut, granita, and a delicious
tuna panini, I am very content to be serving the lord here in my little
beauty, Pordenone. I love you all so much. don't forget it. And if you
are feeling a little blue or a little alone, or just don't know what to
do or who to turn to, remember He who will never leave you comfortless,
ask for his help, and go on. He loves you so much, and I am just
beginning to understand that. Talk to you soon!
PS. Last night I had a crazy dream that involved
Muppets, Disney characters, the members of the Pordenone ward in top
hats and jackets with coattails putting on a musical, Bob Saget
(tragically), other actors, a parade, and a pouring rain of giant
multicolored cheerios and desserts. I was so sad I woke up. It was like
my life was the most colorful musical in the world. I miss that dream.
Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment