Monday, July 16, 2012

Fuochi d'artificio!--Fireworks!

Buon giorno a tutti! Vi auguro un felice giorno di independenza! This week has been quite lovely. Besides trying new foods cooked by my amazing companion (fish cooked under salt, calamari and shrimp in a grill pan) we had a baptism! Vincenza was finally baptized by her boyfriend on Saturday and confirmed by another member on Sunday and her parents and sister came to both. It was so beautiful and special and she seemed so happy. I hope her family was happy for her as well. Her mom seemed really moved by it all and I was grateful to have the opportunity to sing at the service. I hope it brought the spirit and touched some hearts. Sometimes it is the only way I know how to communicate it as clearly. I made chocolate and peach cupcakes and American butter-cream icing that they ate up as well. We were all just so glad to see her finally ready in her pretty white dress and to see how happy she was despite the nerves. She is so strong and beautiful. Massimiliano on Sunday was able to teach us most of the plan of salvation and I was proud of him  because it shows he was listening and he got it. I hope we can continue to help strengthen him because sometimes he seems a little bit alone in church, which is difficult for a new convert. He is bravo though, truly a good person and very strong and I have a lot of faith in him.  Monday we had a fun FHE at Barcis lake and were able to see the gorge at night which is very neat and this morning the Jacobs drove Sorella Modugno and I to Piancavallo for the beautiful view and cool refreshing air and then to Gorgazzo to see a natural spring that looks like a magical blue lagoon. It was lovely. this afternoon they will take us to the base and Sorella Modugno is beyond excited. Usually it is very difficult for Italians to get on, but the fourth of July is a special occasion.  Everything is moving forward in Pordenone. We are working on the musical activity and praying I will be here to see it and help with it. I love this city, I love the people, the ward. I am so glad to still have the opportunity to be here right now, to work with our new converts, to see the Lord's hand in the work. It is a blessing everyday to be serving him.  Pray for the people I love here and know how much love I am sending to all of you from me, my companion, and my patchwork family of friends in Italy.


No comments: