Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Milano Milano Milano sempre in fretta--Milan Milan Milan always in a hurry

Ciao tutti! it has been a long week and I don't know where to begin and with what little time I have I will probably not get very far. Wednesday we had my last lesson with Massimiliano, Italian class, an "arriverderci" al bishopric, and gelato with Mandy and Angie and then Sorella Modugno and I went dancing and singing in the pouring rain. it was my farewell to Pordenone. I miss it already. Thursday Sorella Durazzani helped us get to the train station at 5 in the morning and by 6 we were on the train to Milano which lasts about 4 hours. The station was fun with a lot of "hello" and "goodbye" to a lot of my dear mission friends. Sending my love to everyone going home and with those going back to Pordenone and then getting ready to face the city. Since then everything has been sort of a blur of new people and new places and trying to adjust to the fast pace of the city and the metro. It is a big change for me. I miss my bicycle and the quiet. But, Milan is different and fun and there are some amazing people here. Some of the highlights of the last few days include: Eugenia, who is stopping smoking to be baptized next week, Geraldine who wrote out the Plan of Salvation in English and tagalog to make sure she understood, trying not to touch people awkwardly on the overly crowded metro, being breathed on, the beautiful old tram from the 1920's, finding faith in Christ in Chinese, too much food, the crazy sweet family who made me feel instantly at home (Cristina, Gazmet, Luca, Dylan, Noemi, Siria, Giada and the baby), Gaia, her mom, and the guitar (yeah Catholic scout songs about missionaries!), Henry and Jessica and family home evening, incredible Ecuadorian food (indescribably delicious), 30 lessons, my amazing companion, district meeting, pizza with the other sisters, liquirizia, Sicilian sweets and olive bread, la feltrinelli, Gatorade, and a lot of love. I am out of time, but it has been a good full week and I am looking forward to more time to learn and grow and love here in Milano. Love ya! And Jesus does too!
Sincerely,
Still Adjusting
 







 

No comments: