Ciao tutti! So much to write and
so little time again. I hate always feeling rushed, but it seems to come
with the territory. I am a missionary in Milan where everyone is in
fretta and schedules are crazy and the transportation system leaves me a
bit overwhelmed. However, I am learning how it all works. I have never
been surrounded by so many people in my entire life, but it is all kind
of incredible at the same time. On the metro you can here dozens of
different languages at once, talk to so many different people, listen to
others opinions and share your own. It is difficult for me, but kind of
beautiful. I love the metro musicians that hop on and off playing
(usually) incredible pieces of music. I heard probably the best version
of somewhere over the rainbow I have heard in a long while. It put a
smile on my face when I was hot and sweaty and surrounded by stinky
people, so that tells you something. We had zone conference this past
week and that really helped me. They talked a lot about how amazing we
are and how we should not be afraid. I needed to hear it this week with
all of these changes. It has been harder to talk to people because I
just feel so sconvolto, so overwhelmed, but I am trying to overcome my
challenges. I love people so much,, just not so many at once. We had a
Peruvian barbecue on Saturday for a young man's birthday in the ward so
we spent lunch with members eating too much meat and wondering what on
earth they were saying because I don't speak Spanish, but I had a good
time and the food was yummy. The members are great and last week Jessica
and Henry had us over to teach a friend of theirs and her family. It
was really neat to see them open up to each other like that and now the
friend has asked Jessica to read the book of Mormon with her everyday at
lunch where they work. Awesome! Church was great and afterward we
taught a lesson to Geraldine with her member friend, Michele. We ate
yummy food from the Philippines. Adobo is incredible! And I learned how
to make it! Are you proud of me Josh? WE taught the Barbieri/Xhunga
family again and although it was crazy I still felt the love there. I am
starting the renewal process of my permesso. Which means hours of
waiting at the post office and then at the questura when it is ready.
Monday we taught Geraldine and she told us that she still wants to get
baptized on Saturday because Heavenly Father told her the time is right
for her to do it and she is so happy. So, we will have two baptisms of
two amazing women on Saturday that we have been teaching, Eugenia and
Geraldine and I wish I could describe just how incredibly faithful they
are. Geraldine is so sweet and so concerned about her family and
incredibly close to the spirit. Eugenia says she has found a family here
and even quit smoking and drinking coffee in just the last few weeks
even though it was hard. She is so strong. Antonella who was taught by
the anziani will be baptized Saturday as well and she is also lovely. So
we will have a triple baptism in our ward followed by a concert put on
by Sorella Jacobson, Sorella Padula, a few members and myself and it
should be awesome. I am very excited to sing some Broadway as well as
some hymns and yesterday we went to Bergamo to practice with Sorella
Padula, who sings opera like an angel. When she sang o mio babbino caro I
wanted to cry. It should be good. Bergamo is beautiful. I felt so at
home there. I would like to live there and città alta is something else.
Gorgeous, tranquil, antique, quaint, oh so lovely and suited for
everything I love. Great little city. And the pizza at Il Fornaio was
incredible. Truly.
So dear friends, I have to go, but I can't wait until next week
when I can share more of my lovely adventures with all of you. Wish me
luck! Lots of love.
Sorella Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment