Thursday, August 23, 2012

Arriverderci Sorella Jacobson!

Well dear friends, it was my last week with my dear former trainer and loving companion, Sorella Jacobson, and what a week it was. I will start of with a run down of the incredible food we ate and get your mouths watering for more. Everyone wanted to feed us. Everyone. We had some delicious Philippine pastries, Roz con pollo and  papa alla huancainas which I do not know how to spell because I don't speak Spanish, incredible Ecuadorian food with rice and shrimp and then due chili di anguria (watermelon).  Not to mention the fact that Sorella and I made adobo and it was delicious, we tried gelato at LatoG and I had a chocolate ice cream richer than a chocolate bar and even more tasty, plus we tried some Sicilian pastries, marzipan cherries and pistachio stuff covered in cocoa. It was incredible. Of the little miracles we've seen, we were finally able to visit a less active, Ambar who we had not seen at all, Sala introduced us to two of her friends when we went to her house to teach the restoration and we have an appointment with all of them on Friday, Beny, who we had not seen in a week and was rather distant, finally really communicated to us how she felt and we were able to share the spirit with her and talk about her fears and confusion.And I told her the story of the three princesses in Italian, which was a magical experience.  Marisol visited Sorella J yesterday from Bergamo, we visited Jessica and Helen, the Astudillo family, had lunch with the Capece's, saw Olga with Rosa and her family, there was Giovanna, who has an incredible faith, and Hilaria and her son Dimitri, Not to mention the Barbieri/Xhunga family and Gaia and Giovanna. WE had planned to throw a belated birthday party for Cristina  with Gaia and Giovanna and Cristina had planned a farewell party for Sorella J, so we just had one giant party with lots of food and a cake I made. The kids did a skit for us, where Giada and Noemi went to the discoteca and Dylan was the DJ. Giada did drugs and went to the hospital. Her friend, Noemi, was upset and did not know she was a druggy and tells Giada what she really needs is God in her life and to know she is a daughter of a Heavenly Father. So they read the scriptures and prayed together and then Dylan, who is 13 and not even a member of the church yet, pretended to baptize her and  memorized the baptismal prayer word for word and recited it. I was so proud of him I could've cried. It was one of the most beautiful things <i have ever seen. I love that family so much and I can't wait to see Cristina and Dylan baptized so the whole family can be together. With all these changes things are kind of crazy, but I am excited. Sorella Nilson will be coming here and she is great and my Sorella Jacobson is going home to a whole other mission and I hope she knows just how incredible of a missionary she is, how special she is as a daughter of god and how much she has taught me. Lots of love to everyone at home! 
Sorella Chandra Lloyd

No comments: