Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Battesimi e un concerto grande!--Baptisms and a Great Concert!


I don't know how to express just how incredible this week has been. I really don't. It isn't often I get to see three baptisms, two of which were women we taught, and follow it up with a concert of music I love. In fact, it has only happened once. But it was an unforgettable experience. Everyone was kind of running late for the baptisms but it all worked out. Eugenia was so nervous, but so happy and Geraldine was radiant with excitement. I was so happy Sorella Padula was able to come for the baptisms as well as the concert. I know she worked so hard for this city and to be here to see the fruits of it was a blessing that Heavenly Father wanted her to have. I could just see how much he loved her that night, and that was an incredible little miracle for me. She is so sweet and She and Sorella Jacobson just cried, wept, and so did I. Eugenia and Geraldine, as well as Antonella, are all just so incredible and the miracles that have accompanied their conversions leave me without words. I can't describe the feeling of watching them be baptized, of seeing that promise made, but it is something so powerful it can only come from heaven. It really is a promise made with God, our loving Father in Heaven. I was very nervous for the concert because I have not performed like that in a long time, but Sorella Padula is amazing and helped me calm my nerves. Some members participated and then Sorella Padula and I each sang five songs and two together. I sang, "Let's Do it, Let's Fall in Love" by Cole Porter and though I was worried, everyone enjoyed, including myself, maybe a little too much. It was too fun. For those of you who care I also sang, "So in Love" from Kiss me Kate, "Misty", "Mercies" (in Italian), "Christmas Lullabye" from Songs for a New World. I had a wonderful time and with Sorella Padula's incredible voice, and my Broadway showmanship, we all had a grand time. Some members even filmed it and President Wolfgramm took dozens of pictures. WE ate some good food and went home exhausted. The confirmations were on Sunday and were beautiful and Geraldine paid her tithing right then. What incredible faith she has! Other than that we have had six new investigators in the past two days and I am learning to be more comfortable in Milano, chatting with people on the Metro and on the bus and meeting wonderful members like the Falvo's and the family Astudillo. Today we will take a little jaunt to eat pizza with the other sisters and then it is off to La Scala, the amazing opera house here in Milan. I am so excited! I just want you all to know how much I love you and that I know this is the work of the Lord. Do all you can to help others see the truth of it and feel the truth of it and the love of God. Love ya!
Sorella Lloyd
 
 

No comments: