Well, my dears, I am now
sitting in the most comfortable internet point I have ever been in, in a
big brown comfy chair, wondering why I didn't know it existed before.
It is a dream. I think I didn't realize until today how much I miss
having a sofa. I feel like I have had an incredible week and emotions
are really running high for many reasons. I don't like thinking about my
mission as coming to an end. It is too painful to think that way, so
generally I just ignore it and keep working. Part of me really can't
believe it. I feel like this is my life, it is what I am used to, and it
gives me purpose. I am glad I still have more than a week of it. Last
week we had a really great blitz with the other sisters. I was with
Sorella Gomez and we taught a cute Peruvian girl who is so excited to
get baptized, and then a beautiful little family from Napoli and ate the
pastiera napoletana. The young dad played his guitar and sang,
"Fratello Sole e Sorella Luna" by San Francesco d'Assisi. It was a true
delight. Friday evening we had a concert in Bergamo. It was amazing.
There were very few people because there was a lot of snow, but it was a
wonderful time. Sorella Padula and Sorella Harward both sang, as did I,
Sorella Lyman played the violin, and Presidente Pezzoli of the branch
there played his guitar and harmonica and sang a song by Donovan, "catch
the wind". I was in heaven. I nearly cried I love that song. Presidente
Pezzoli said they would have moved the concert but because they knew I
was going home, they wanted me there. I really felt loved. I sang "Have
yourself a merry little Christmas" and he said it was the second time I
had made him cry. I really love and respect that man. We stayed over
night in Bergamo and had a blast together eating soup and chatting . I
love the sisters here. Saturday we came home and that night and our ward
Christmas party which was very focused
on the real meaning of Christmas. It was beautiful and the kids made me
laugh. They were all symbols of Christmas. It was hysterical, but also
very spiritually uplifting. They gave us all of the leftover cookies
panettone, and hot chocolate so thick it is like drinking fondue. We
finally taught our referral, Chantal. She showed up to the church for
the Christmas party and then again on Tuesday to meet with us. She was
early and got a whole lesson about genealogy from our wonderful local
experts and then we taught her the restoration. She had already read all
of first Nephi and some of the guide in the back as well as the book of
Enos, which she had just opened to by chance. That was a miracle
because I used Enos in the lesson. She is just so beautiful and so ready
for all of this. I am so excited for her! We have just had some great
lessons lately and are constantly striving to have the spirit. Dylan is
still getting ready for his baptism
and we are all very excited for him. The work here might be slower
right now, but it is still going so well and we see miracles every
single day. I don't really know what to say other than that. I am
recognizing more and more daily how much I need to rely on the Lord
because of my imperfections, yet how much he loves me for trying. I hope
it is enough. I guess it is. I know in my heart of hearts that he knows
me and knows I am doing all I can and that in the end, he will make it
enough. I just hope I can remember that and enjoy everything else. this
place is magical, the mission is magical, and the people here just mean
so much to me. It is the best thing I have ever done and I will never
forget it. There is so much feeling, so much joy I just can't express
it. It is kind of like Christmas, surprising, spiritual, peaceful,
chaotic, and unexpectedly wonderful and ever full of magic. I don't want
the spirit to ever end. I want to feel how I feel and be
who he has made me and I hope I can. I just want to send all my love to
you all and wish you a wonderful Christmas, remembering always what it
is really about, because that is where the magic truly lies.
love,
Sorella Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment