Buona sera tutti cari!(Good evening all dear)
This week has been so incredibly divertente I do not know how to express it. Last Friday Sorella Bishop left the keys in our apartment and as we were locked out with no where to stay we had quite an adventure. The Anziani had a key but their train was late and as it turned out it wasn't the right key anyway, so we spent the night at their apartment and they were obliged to stay with the capi zona (zone leaders). Honestly, we were fortunate because their apartment is quite a bit nicer than ours. It was already late and I could not sleep, so after borrowing some shorts to wear to bed, I invented an apple cake of gratitude that smelled like Christmas to leave for them and washed their dishes. We listened to Christmas music during breakfast which was very enjoyable, though I was so tired I spent the rest of the day a little silly. Presidente Rogai, our branch president tried to help us break in the next morning and when that did not work he called the fire department who so kindly opened it for us for free. For that they will be blessed. Zone conference this week was BRILLIANT! As always. I always learn so very much. I love learning from other missionaries and discovering how better to share the hope of the gospel. Afterward, our train was really late and we were worried we were going to miss our connecting train, but Sorella Bishop suggested we pray for a miracle and we did. We asked in faith and we received. Our connecting train was also late and when we ran to catch it, the man working for the train asked where we were coming from and then said "รจ voi che stiamo aspettando.""It's you we've been waiting for." They were waiting for us. It was a little, but oh so important miracle for us. Today we went to the army base outside of Pisa as a zone which is about twenty missionaries and played football together all morning. It was so much fun I cannot even express it. I didn't know how much I liked it. I enjoyed it even when I got slightly, though always accidentally, abused. It was a beautiful day and so enjoyable to run and play together. I could not stop smiling. I even learned how to better throw a football. Thanks Sorella! After a quick shower we all went to eat a tasty thanksgiving feast. We had turkey and ham and corned beef, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and collard greens, the last of which I did not know I liked. And of course, pumpkin pie. We had a great time. I love my missionary friends and I do not think I will ever forget what a fun experience that was. Thank you Michael Trexler of the Army base. Random tidbit of nonsense: A pigeon laid waste in my hair yesterday, while I was walking, so his timing was impeccable. I am very proud of myself for the lack of the freaking out that could have occurred. Our investigator Lisa said she heard that it is very good luck to have a bird poop on you, so maybe that is a sign of good things ahead. Truly, now I just find it hysterical. A pigeon pooped in my hair. I mean, that is really funny, friends. I am learning so much right now about myself and about getting along with others. About being unafraid to speak your mind, to speak the truth, and to boldly be who you are. I am learning to be myself with others and to open myself up to them. I am not always sure in what ways the Lord is working to change me, but the slight discomfort I feel is a sure sign of growing pains and I couldn't be more grateful for them. I want to let him work through me. I want to be an example of His light and His love and with him I think I can. I know I can. Joshua 1:9 says, "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." I know that is true. He is with us. Always. And with Him, we never need fear. When the devil is closing in and darkness is all around us and there seems to be no way out, we must call on Him with whatever faith we can muster, no matter how small, and His light will immediately show itself, releasing us from the thickening fogs of the adversary and as our way clears we will realize, we were never alone because he never left our side. We simply needed to turn to the healing light and infinite love He was already holding to light our way. I know that. I know that he can heal you, whatever the struggle, whatever the pain. He knows you and loves you. Please don't forget that. I wish I could tell you that to your face. Each one of us is a beloved son or daughter of God. He knows you. Every joy, every strength, every sin, every doubt. All that isn't right can be made so through faith in Him. Everything. I just love you all so much. Please don't forget how important you are. To Him and to me. Un sacco di amore. (Lots of love)
Sorella Chandra Marie Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment