Thursday, November 10, 2011

Firenze, Firenze, Pisa!

Yes, that is right folks! If you could not tell from the short, but very clear subject line, Sorella Bishop and I went to Pisa! Slightly less than an hour on the train, a while to walk, and behold the leaning tower. It was fantastic. Glorious work of architecture that it is. We took far too many photos trying desperately to get a good one of Sorella Bishop holding up the tower. It was ever so amusing. Now, here we are, back in Firenze and I am absolutely contented. We have had a terrific week. We taught ten lessons yesterday. Ten! It was incredible. My companion is awesome and loves talking to people so we have a great time. I am so happy to be here in my beautiful Firenze for another transfer. Silvia has a baptismal date and is earnestly seeking to know the truth. She came to church and said what a difference it made in her day. It is so good for her because her life isn't so easy. Michele is as Napolitano as ever, open and generous and willing to learn and though we have been taking it slow, we can see the difference the gospel is beginning to make in his life. Though, understanding his very catholic point of view is not always easy, he welcomes everything we have to say. And he loves giving us free pizza. We sang a hymn yesterday afternoon for him and the pizzaiolo, Vincenzo. I think Vincenzo was really touched. They are like family and I just love them. Last week we met a couple of members, sweet sisters from Japan near the Duomo. They did not speak a bit of Italian and all they said in English was they were "members of church from Japan" but they were so excited to see missionaries I could not believe it. They took a bunch of photos with us. It was kind of a miracle for us as well because we had just had a rather disheartening discussion with someone about what they believed and to see two strangers so excited to see missionaries was an incredible blessing. I love our ward here and all the people we get to work with. I am so blessed to have this gospel and this amazing opportunity to share it. I am learning little by little how incredibly imperfect we are, but how incredibly perfect we are for this work when we rely on our Savior. He makes all things possible. Heavenly Father is trying to teach me and I am trying to learn. I hope he continues to polish out all of my imperfections and mold me into the best version of myself I can be. It is not an easy thing, changing, but it is ever so worthwhile when we do it with the Lord. He loves us so much. So much. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that He gave all for me and I hope to give all that I can to this work to pay him back in some small way. Though it will never be enough, it will be enough for Him. Do the little things everyday that bring the Spirit and He will walk with you every step of your journey. Un sacco di baci per ognuno di voi (A lot of kisses for everyone).

No comments: