Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Impariamo tantissimo - We Learn a Lot

Ciao cari amici! (Hello dear friends)
This week has been a wonder and an adventure. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe last Wednesday with a Janaina and Susan, a couple members here for a while in Firenze and had a marvelous time. Thursday Sorella Bishop and I went to Bergamo and back to pick up her permesso all in one day. It was an incredibly long, but beautiful trip. Bergamo is gorgeous and there is something about that city. I felt so at home there. It is more tranquillo than Firenze and there is just a different atmosphere there. We met some terrific people, saw Citta Alta from a distance and gave away 4 Books of Mormon. I ate the best Kebab I ever had and tried a tasty caramelized fig gelato. It was raining in Bergamo and it smelled like autumn with trees everywhere and a slight chill in the air. It was a perfect day to be there, as I adore fall and rainy weather, and a marvelous adventure for both of us. Friday night we had a member lesson with Susan and Janaina and I was having a rather rough day because transfers are coming up next week and I am afraid I haven't done all I could do here, that I haven't done enough for Firenze and the thought of leaving it breaks my heart because I love it so very much. Susan said that sometimes we don't know how we have helped people and that her first night here she heard me singing by her at Blanchard's baptism and that it was really a comfort and then Janaina, who is only eighteen, said that her second week here she finally found the church to attend and when she got there early she heard me singing and that it was like listening to an angel and that she cried because she finally felt at home. I don't say that to brag or boast or anything of the sort, but I cannot express how much it meant to me to know that some little thing I did made such a difference, something that came from just being me and using the little gifts God has given me. I hope I have made a difference in the lives of those here in Firenze and that I can continue to do so. I love them so much. We had an incredible district conference this Sunday and I got to translate for a while which was ever so fun and we had a young guy named Laszlo there who we met that morning with his guitar at the train station and invited to accompany us. He did not understand Italian, but I think he liked being warm for a while and eating my chocolate cupcakes, so I think it brightened his day. Also--Sorella Bishop and I accidentally lost each other and had to take two different trains home. Though it was momentarily terrifying, we realized the Lord's hand was in it because she was able to give out a Book of Mormon and I was able to talk to a Polish woman named Anna who I know with all of my heart I was supposed to meet and encourage. I just hope it made a difference. We still have far too many mosquitoes and we struggle at times to stay warm, but Firenze is as beautiful as ever and the work moves forward. Pray for our investigators. That Michele and Lisa can find the truth and overcome obstacles and that Erica will go forward with her baptism. Thanks! Love you all! 

No comments: